Dress Well


Follow me on social

This post may contain affiliate links. This means, if you make a purchase through one of the links, I may or may not receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for being here.

Just in time for Halloween, I bring you: toxic slime Oreos! Halloween is the perfect occasion to get crafty with food. This recipe is easy to make, even for kids. I served them at a Halloween party for toddlers, but they were also a hit for the parents. Don’t exclude the grownups, because everyone loves Oreos.

Make this festive treat in 15 minutes or less.

Toxic Slime Oreos
I’d love to claim this cutie, but she’s the daughter of my childhood best friend.

How To Make Toxic Slime Oreos:

Shopping list: 1 package double stuff Oreos, White chocolate melting chips, sucker sticks, and green food coloring.

-You don’t have to use the sucker sticks, but if you do, start by opening each oreo and pressing them into the cream on the inside. (Double Stuff is best!) 

-Microwave white chocolate pieces in a bowl for 30-second increments, stirring in between. I use Ghirardelli melting wafers, and they take about 90 total seconds to be at the perfect temperature for dipping.

-Mix gel food coloring into the white chocolate. *NOT water based food coloring. Water based coloring will ruin your chocolate, making it seize up. The brand I linked is the exact brand and color I used, it’s not available in regular grocery stores.

-Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the tops of the Oreos, to create a dripping slime effect. 

-Lay flat on an oiled cookie sheet, or parchment paper. Let cool at least 30 minutes, or 15 minutes in the fridge.

It’s that easy! Serve them up and watch them disappear. As always, I love to see your creations. If you make these toxic slime Oreos, Tag me @thechicgourmay on Insta.

Signature 2